Entire Course Link
Complete the Week 1 Exam in MyEducator®.
Note: You have only one attempt available to complete this assignment.
Grades must be transferred manually to eCampus by your instructor. Don't worry, this might happen after your due date
1. What is the only real language a computer understands?
o Machine Code
2. What does MS-DOS stand for?
o Microsoft Diskette On Store
o Microsoft Denial of Store (Online)
o Microsoft Disk Operating System
o Microsoft Denial of Service (Virus attack)
3. What kind of operating system does an iPhone use?
o Mac OS
4. What kind of website returns many search engine results?
o Metasearch Engine
o Directory Engine
o Hierocracy Engine
o Volume Engine (“keyword”)
5. What are “rules” called when referring to a network?
6. Software that controls an entire network is called what?
o Operating System
o UNIX (PC System)
7. What does logging in do for a network user?
o Assigns Permissions and Logs
o Authenticates them
o Checks their password
o Assigns Permissions
8. What are the most common types of cables in a network?
o Single Copper
o Twisted Pair
9. Who is the person responsible for a network’s smooth operation?
o Human Resource Director
o Network Administrator
o Software controls the network
10. What coding scheme do most microcomputers use?
11. What application software provides an interface that displays the WWW?
o GUI HTML/XML Reader
o GUI Editor
12. What are the set of rules to move data from one computer to another?
o RAM Array
13. Who invented the World Wide Web?
o Robert Schindler
o Steve Case
o Rosalind Franklin (Frankle)
o Sir Tim Berners-Lee
14. What does the acronym HTML mean?
o Hover Metal Language
o Hypertext Markup Language
o Heavy Metal Language
o Hot Metal Language (Original)
15. What are the most common graphic files on the WWW?
o GIFs and JPEGs
o Vector Files
16. What is the central location of a network?
o Center Client
o Server Protocol Location (Novell)
17. What kind of network model is the Internet?
o Client / Server
o Hub and Service
18. Is an OS system software or application software?
19. What was the Internet’s original name?
o World Wide Web
20. Which memory coordinates, tracks, allocates other memory?
21. Who started Linux?
o Steve Wozniak
o Steve Jobs
o Tim Berners-Lee
o Linus Torvalds
22. What kind of website uses keywords to locate content?
o Keyword Locator
o Search Engine
o Meta Engine
o Keyword Locator Service(s) (Web, FTP, and SIM)
23. What is the mapping of a physical network called?
o Physical Map
o General Map
24. What device allows a computer to connect to a network?
o MAC Address Device
o NIC Card
o UDP Protocol Device
25. What does the acronym WAN mean?
o Wide Area Network
o Working Area Network
o Web-enabled Area Network
o Web Area Network
26. TCP/IP and UDP break large files into what?
o Temp Files
o Swap Files
o Text Files
27. What topology is also called a linear bus?
28. What does the acronym CAN mean?
o Computing Area Network
o Card Area Network
o Computer Area Network
o Campus Area Network
29. Which memory helps decrease the time it takes to access memory?
o CPU Cache
o Virtual Memory
30. What is considered the “brains” of a computer?