Entire Course Link
Resource: Post Graduation Adventure Case in Ch. 5 of Project Management: The Managerial Process
Read the Post Graduation Adventure case on page 154 in Ch. 5 of Project Management: The Managerial Process.
Complete a response for each of the 3 subsequent questions in 200 words each (See Notes below for additional requirements).
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines (with an introductory and closing paragraph).
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
- As a hint, you should have an intro paragraph, 3 sections in the paper body (1 for each question) and a closing paragraph.
- In question 1 you must clearly state the project management methodology (i.e Top down, waterfall, etc) you are using and then apply it to the trip project. As another hint there are 4 places you are considering going to.
- When you discuss cost in question 2 I need to see real values...this means you will do some research on costs. Not looking for you to be a travel agent and provide costs to the penny but there should be enough data to be able to make a decision of where to go based on cost alone. Costs should include more than just an airline ticket (think of when you go on a trip and all the other costs involved in taking a trip like hotel, food, etc). As a hint, the easiest way to show, compare, discuss the costs is to place them in a matrix with the various locations you are going to and show the total cost for an easy comparison.
- When the 3rd question asks for non-cost; I need to see at least 2 non-cost items discussed and how they are impacting your decision on where to go (for example, Spains and France weather are bad but Vietnam and South Africa have great weather so they are scoring higher based on the non cost factor of weather); only discuss non-cost items (you already have discussed cost in question 2). For example do not discuss money exchange rates here....that would be a cost factor. Something like the weather would be a non-cost item....and since I just gave you that one, weather cannot be one of your 2 items discussed.
- In your conclusion I should see your recommendation of where to go based on your paper discussion/findings. This is where you have looked at both the cost and non cost factors to make a decision. You may find that cost might outweigh the non-cost items or possibly it is the other way around where non-cost drives the decision or possibly a combination of them both. The purpose of the assignment is to help you gain insight that when you are working on a project you should consider all factors involved and not rush to a decision based on one factor.